Our spellchecker is using the native macOS spellchecker and works like any other native macOS app.
- Hit ⌃space while next to a misspelled word to see suggestions or add it to the macOS dictionary.
- Enable autocorrection while typing from Edit → Spellchecker → Autocorrect Spelling.
American english gets underlined?
If this happens it probably happens in other apps too. Here is how to fix it:
- Go to System Preferences › Keyboard › Text.
- See the Spelling dropdown menu and make sure that it's either set to "Automatic by Language" or "U.S. English"
- Open the Spelling dropdown and scroll down to the bottom to find "Set Up..." and make sure "U.S. English" is checked.